Different Types of Router Bits
4 Different Types of Router Bits
Flat bottom cutting tools, centered sharp cutters, straight router bits, and sphere mills are 4 frequently-used cnc tools. Different types of router bits decide their different geometric parameters and applications.
(1) Shape characteristics:
The cutting edge is cone-shaped, bottom of tool tip is flat;
(2) Suitable for relief finish machining and precision pattern engraving;
2. Central sharp cutter:
(1) The tip is spiked, which is the same as flat cutter;
(2) Fit for 3D character carving and V-shaped grooving;
(1) Blade feature: have same width from up and down;
(2) Appropriate for cutting, end milling;
4. Ball-nose mill:
(1) The base is hemispherical;
(2) Mainly used in 3D embossment, processing wave plate, etc.
Every cnc router carving bit has its special field. It requires us to observe different types of router bits carefully, gather more experiences.
News for Thursday 31 May, 2012