Difference between Water Cooled and Air Cooled
What is Difference between Water Cooled and Air Cooled?
Cnc router spindle, as very important part for cnc router, needs to work for a long-term continuously, and in high-speed. So, it's necessary to keep cnc spindle under normal temperatures.
There are mainly two cooling ways: water cooled and air cooled.
And, what is difference between water cooled and air cooled?
1. What is water cooled:
Cooling by water cycle:
(1) There is one current water cushion inside router machine. We could flow the internal water by the water cushion, thus remove the heat, and reach cooling effect;
(2) Or, install a water cooler outside cnc machine, which with the same principle as above;
(3) The temperature by water cooled will not above 40 degrees;
2. What is air cooled:
Cooling by fan:
Air cooled spindle radiates heat to the cooling plate by the wind from the fan, so as to achieve cooling effect;
3. Water cooled and Air cooled in common:
From internal structure: air cooled and water cooled are both turned with stator coil;
4. Difference between water cooled and air cooled:
(1) Motor control method difference between air cooled & water cooled:
① Water cooled is frequency controlled;
② To air cooled, both inverter controlled and not inverter controlled is ok;
(2) Cooling effect difference between water cooled and air cooled:
Water cooled is with better cooling effect by adopting water cycle; because the temperature won't be above 40 degrees after flow;
(3) Noise difference between water cooled and air cooled:
Water cooled spindle is virtually no noise;
But air cooled spindle is with loud noise;
(4) Service life difference between water cooled and air cooled:
① Air cooled spindle is with much longer life than water cooled spindle;
② Pay attention to the water cooled spindle:
Such as change the water frequently or use industrial water chiller;
(5) Precision difference between water cooled and air cooled:
① Water cooled is with much higher precision than air cooled;
② To water cooled spindle: the precision of axial runout and circular runout is both under 0.003mm;
(6) Spindle repair difference between water cooled and air cooled:
① Air cooled can be interfered by dust easily, so not easy to maintain;
② Water cooled could keep out of dust;
(7) Difference between water cooled and air cooled in forms:
Besides Difference Between Water Cooled and Air Cooled,
You may also interest in:
Spindle Type of CNC Router
How to select cnc spindle.
News for Sunday 28 September, 2014