CNC Router Spindle FAQ
CNC Router Spindle FAQ
1. Q: I did the cutter path by Type3 software, after finished cnc path in TYPE3 and exported it, then imported into the NC Studio system.
After running, I found that cnc router spindle didn't work, but all others were normal.
What should I do?
(1) First, idle cnc router spindle, to ensure spindle motor could run normally.
a) At our suggestion, the customer made the cnc router spindle running at idle state, and make sure cnc router motor is no problem.
b) In this case, we can judge the failure reason immediately:
c) The customer made little mistake in software setting –
"G", "M" code problems in TYPE3 software.
(2) Please check if there is one column on the far right of Weihong control interface:
a) Start with "MO3";
(cnc router spindle starts up by anticlockwise rotation; in Weihong control system, it will spin cnc router spindle after cnc motor starts)
b) Ending section named "MO5";
(cnc router spindle stops rotating);
c) Check if appear "M" in the code;
(3) Acting on our recommendation, the customer verified the correctness of NC codes step by step. Finally, the customer discovered and resolved the problem.
(4) Conclusion: on a problem like this, usually it's not a big deal. The core problem it how to set cnc router software.
2. Q: We think there are some problems in the cooling system, which could not efficient cooling cnc router spindle.
Sometimes, there is not water from the cooling system, so we have to blow with air pump. But, but the water from the system are even black water rust! Before long it will appear this situation again!
In addition, cnc router spindle stops rotating suddenly!
What can I do?
(1) First, manual rotate cnc router spindle without electricity, to see if it could revolve;
a) If not, cnc bearing is broken, should replace spindle bearing or machine motor.
b) If spindle rotating, please
Turn on the power -> start cnc router spindle -> see converter's data & parameter -> judge by converter parameters.
(2) Usually they are caused by too low or too high voltage, short circuit, poor contact, etc.
3. Q: Cnc router spindle is not rotating, other cnc router parts are normal. Cnc converter also displays RPM (rotations per minute)
(1) Please confirm if machine motor is really rotating.
(2) If yes, please check the connection between motor and cnc router spindle.
(3) If not, please check the connection between motor and frequency converter.
(4) If have overloading alarm or over-current warning:
Check whether cnc router spindle jammed or the power supply cord of router motor is broken.
(5) Usually when failure occurs in cnc router spindle or router converter, there should be alarm system. So, please check it.
4. Q: We restart cnc machine after sudden power failure, but the cnc spindle could not rotate again!
Doesn't the cnc engraver have power-off protection function?
(1) This situation is generally a problem with spindle converter, not cnc router spindle.
(2) First, please see what displays in the machine converter, and confirm that it is not broken.
(3) Press "STOP" key and see if machine spindle is rotating.
(4) If still not, reset parameters.
5. Warm Notice:
Before running, please make proper installations of cnc router spindle and cnc engraving bit accordingly.
Besides CNC Router Spindle FAQ, you may also interest in:
Spindle Installation (Ⅰ);
Spindle Stop (Ⅰ);
Solution to Spindle Problem (Ⅱ).
News for Tuesday 28 October, 2014